Monday, October 12, 2015

best of the lip glosses.

Lip gloss love!
Left to right: Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume, Motives Illuminating Lip Shine in Fashion Week, Liplicious Tasty Lip Color in Black Cherry, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Fatal Apple, Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush
If you read this, this, or this post, you'll know that I have a serious thing with lipstick. I mean, if it wasn't for the sake of variety, I would probably wear red lipstick every day. But it can be fun to switch up colors and finishes. Sometimes I even veer out of lipstick territory altogether and go for a gloss! Lip gloss is great for those days when you want a bit of color or shine, but you don't want your lips to compete with the rest of your makeup look. Here are my top five gloss picks:

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume
This is my go-to everyday gloss. Not only is it the perfect nude for my skin tone, but it also looks flattering with whatever other makeup I have on. I love pairing it with a smoky bronze eye or wearing it with just a bit of concealer and mascara. This is a handbag essential.

Motives Illuminating Lip Shine in Fashion Week
I got this as a gift a few months ago and immediately fell in love. First of all, the packaging is amazing. It comes equipped with a side mirror AND a light that starts shining when you twist the top. It is pretty pigmented for a gloss. I like the nice dose of neon pink that it gives my lips. It is definitely a noticeable color, but with way more shine and slightly less pigment than a lipstick or stain.

Liplicious Tasty Lip Color in Black Cherry
I'll just say it...this is the best tasting gloss I own. Now while I know that I shouldn't eat lip gloss, I really can't help if I accidentally taste a little bit now and again. Seriously though, this gloss goes on smooth and does not feel sticky at all. It also leaves the prettiest berry color on my lips for those days when I want a bit of color without going full on oxblood lips.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Fatal Apple
I usually go straight for lipstick when I'm at the drugstore, but this Revlon gloss surprised me in the best way. I love how pigmented it is. It works great on its own, but I think it is even better when layered on top of red lipstick. It adds the perfect level of shine and doesn't just look like I slapped on a layer of clear gloss. Because it's already red, it amplifies my red lipstick and makes even more of a statement.

Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush
I like to think of this as my "professional nude." The mauve pink shade is that ideal your-lips-but-better color. I wear it when I want to look put together and like I'm not wearing too much makeup. It feels very proper and girly. Even though it is such a subtle color, it really does elevate the rest of my makeup and help my lips look amazing.

Have you tried any of these? Would you add any to this list? I would love some recommendations in the comments!

xoxo

Sabrina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!