Monday, January 11, 2016

milan at christmastime.

It's not the Rockefeller Center tree, but it still looks pretty nice!
The Duomo looks magnificent, as always.
One of the many food stands that caught my eye.
I thought my ciambella alla crema would taste much better than it actually did.
La Rinascente went all out on their holiday display!
Prosciutto pizza dinner at Spontini.
All in all, another fun visit to Milano!
After my first stint in Italy, I thought that Rome was my favorite Italian city. Recently, however, Milan has been growing on me. I went there at the beginning of December to check out the Christmas tree and the holiday market and was impressed by just how magical the city looked. For me, the best part of the night was when the fog began to descend upon the Duomo and make the piazza look like a winter wonderland.

I also loved strolling around the holiday market and taking a look at the cute gifts that were for sale. While I didn't buy any presents, I did get a ciambella alla crema, or a cream-filled donut, and a cheese pretzel. Although the donut was unfortunately very dry, the warm cheese pretzel was the perfect treat for a chilly evening. I wrapped things up with a slice of pizza from the famous Spontini. If you're ever in Milan, make sure to order a slice! I went for prosciutto this time, but the Margherita looked equally delicious.

xoxo

Sabrina

P.S. Have you seen my travel articles on The Holiday Girl? Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!