Monday, January 4, 2016

goals for 2016.

Learning how to take a better selfie should probably be on my list of resolutions. Oh well!
I can honestly say that 2015 was one of the most memorable years of my life. I finished not one, but two theses, graduated college, moved abroad, and began working all over the course of the past 12 months. I have no idea what's in store for 2016, but I'm excited by the prospect of more big life changes!

With the arrival of the new year, I've been thinking more and more about what I want to accomplish. Here are a few of my goals for 2016. I'm saying goals, and not resolutions, because I like the idea of a goal as something positive that I would like to accomplish, but also something that I won't be too torn up about if it doesn't happen. Also, I tried to make these as specific as possible so that I can really feel like I've accomplished them.

GOAL #1 - Plank every day.
I know fitness is a resolution for most people every new year. Personally, I think I did a pretty good job with exercising regularly in 2015. For 2016, I'd like to keep it up. Planking everyday is an easy way to target one area and remind me to work the rest of my body as well.

GOAL #2 - Write more.
After graduation, I decided I wanted to focus more on my blog. It's a nice way for me to be creative and share my interests with others. I want to continue my routine of posting every Monday (at least!). I also want to write more in general, whether that be on creative pieces, freelance articles, or journal entries. I love writing and I want to take advantage of every opportunity I get.

GOAL #3 - Go to a spa.
This is my indulgence goal! I've never been to a spa before, but I love the idea of getting a facial or a massage. It sounds like such a dream! Plus, I like treating myself to little luxuries every so often, especially if I've been working hard in other areas of my life.

GOAL #4 - Make homemade pasta.
If you've read any of my food or travel posts, you'll probably realize that I am a serious foodie at heart. I love trying new things and eating seriously yummy food. Of course, I also LOVE to cook and bake. This year, my goal is to make more handmade food. I've eaten homemade pasta before, but creating ravioli or tortellini by myself would be such a personal accomplishment.

GOAL #5 - Send a letter to a faraway friend.
Now that I'm out of college (and in another country!), it has gotten harder to stay in touch. While I love Skype and email for catching up with my friends, I like the idea of sending a handwritten letter or personal care package to someone out of the blue. It's a nice way to show others that you're thinking of them even when you're far away.

What about you? What are your goals/resolutions for 2016? I'd love to hear them in the comments!

xoxo

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!