Monday, December 28, 2015

winter weekend in munich.

Highlight of the trip: drinking Gingerbreadmilk at the Christmas market!


My first glimpse of the Marienplatz Chrismas market.
Saw so many beautiful churches on this trip.
Snack break! I'll never turn down a fresh pastry.

Stopped into a quaint cafe for a spot of tea!

Is this not the prettiest tea setup you've ever seen?

Saying that Munich's architecture is impressive is a massive understatement.
Loved seeing these beautiful nativity displays throughout the city.
Perhaps the best thing I ate on the trip - pancake pieces with plum compote.

Munich is full of gorgeous architecture.
I got ridiculously excited when I saw these Christmas trees for sale!
Santa!
The Medieval Christmas market was beyond cool.
My Christmas present to myself was a trip to Munich at the beginning of December. The city is home to the oldest Christmas market in Europe. I couldn't think of a better way to kick off the holiday season!

I visited four different Christmas markets total, including one at the airport and one with a medieval theme. They were all fantastic, and I was fully excited for the winter season by the end of the trip. The stalls are all so charming. I was enchanted by the Christmas decorations and displays strewn throughout town.

Of course, I was also blown away by the food. I had everything from sausage and pancakes to gingerbreadmilk and pretzels. Everything was delicious, and I was more than a little sad to leave such a food haven.

All in all, Munich was a dream destination at Christmastime. Marienplatz is magical, especially with a massive Christmas tree next to it and a beautiful holiday market inside it. I loved spotting all the nativity displays and twinkle lights around town. It was the perfect spot to spend the season!

xoxo

Sabrina

P.S. Did you read about my last trip to Bologna? It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!