Monday, March 14, 2016

5 organization tips.

My 2016 agenda makes me happy every time I see it!
I have always been an organized person. Ever since high school, I've done a good job of keeping things in order, whether that meant my room or my schedule. Now that I'm a bit older, I appreciate this skill more than ever. Busy days and unexpected events mean that important tasks and information can get lost in the chaos. Here are five tips that I live by to ensure that I stay on top of everything.

#1 - Use a planner.
This may seem like an obvious one, but you'd be surprised by how many people buy a planner and never end up using it. Personally, my planner is my bible. It has all of the events and information I need to get me through the day. I take it everywhere with me. Tip: Buy one that's cute enough to double as an accessory!


#2 - Keep a notebook by your bed.
I don't know about you, but I always get the best ideas for work or future projects right before I begin to snooze. To prevent these ideas from slipping away, I make sure to keep a notebook and pencil on my nightstand. That way I can write any last-minute ideas down before I drift off to sleep.


#3 - Put items away in their proper place.
Admittedly, this is probably the hardest item on the list. When you get home after a long day, all you want to do is to crash on the couch and veg out. Unfortunately, this mentality can turn your apartment or house into a disaster zone. No one wants shoes, clothes, and papers scattered all around! Do yourself a favor and put everything away as soon as you get home. Then you can start each day with a clean house and a fresh perspective.


#4 - Make a daily to-do list.
I love to-do lists. They help me prioritize what I need to get done each day so that nothing slips through the cracks. I begin each morning with a quick list-making session in my agenda. This gives me a clear picture of what my day will look like so that I can plan accordingly.


#5 - Review your schedule every night.
This step may seem unnecessary, but I promise it's worth it. I can't tell you how many meetings or assignments I would have forgotten if I had not done a quick review the night before. It's always better to be prepared!

xoxo

Sabrina

P.S. Are you following me on Twitter? How about on Bloglovin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!