Monday, March 7, 2016

most loved makeup brushes.

My multicolored makeup application arsenal.
As often as I discuss makeup on the blog, I've never really gone into the tools I use to apply it all. Today I want to spotlight the brushes that are essential to my beauty routine. These babies help me to achieve everything from flawless foundation to the perfect smoky eye. Since I use all of these almost daily, I make sure to take care of them and clean them regularly!

From left to right:

Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush - I use this brush so often that I should probably buy an extra one. It fits perfectly into my crease and blends out shadow like a dream.

e.l.f. Professional Blending Eye Brush - Although I used to use this brush for blending in my crease, these days I love to use it to apply my inner corner and brow bone highlight. It's the perfect shape!

Real Techniques Buffing Brush - This is essential for blending in my liquid foundation. I used to use a flat brush for foundation, but I found that a circular buffing brush like this one helps to create a more flawless finish.

Real Techniques Setting Brush - Perhaps I should have called this post "my Real Techniques collection." I just love the brushes from this brand! I use the "setting brush" to blend my highlighter into my cheekbones. It helps me achieve that subtle, luminous glow.

e.l.f. Professional Total Face Brush - The best thing about e.l.f. brushes is that they're only $1 and they really work. Sure, they don't compare to m.a.c. brushes, for example, but they do apply makeup well. I rely on this one to help me apply powder over my foundation.

Luxie 504 Large Angled Brush - This was an Ipsy discovery. At first, I tried it out as a bronzing/contour brush. However, I soon found that I prefer using it to apply my blush. It is the perfect size and shape to deliver a rosy flush to the apples of my cheeks.

Real Techniques Multi Task Brush - I love how big and useful this brush is. While I tend to use this brush to apply my bronzer throughout the hollows of my cheeks and on my forehead and neck, I could just as easily use it for blush or powder. It's so versatile!

Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush - I used to use my fingers to apply my concealer. Then I discovered this brush and I haven't looked back. It's small enough to blend concealer into even the tightest of spots, like around my nose or under my eyes. Plus, I like that it means less instances of me having to touch my face.

e.l.f. Professional Eye Shadow Brush - I actually have two of these brushes because I use them daily to apply my shadow. They are the perfect size for my lids. Plus, I can also use the top edge to blend shadow into my bottom lid waterline. Perfect for a smoky eye look!

Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush - This brush is my go-to for all my gel liner looks. It applies my liner smoothly and helps me achieve the upwards flick that I adore.

Those are all my go-to brushes! Which ones are your faves? Let me know in the comments.

xoxo

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!