Monday, May 23, 2016

springtime in milan.

Navigli at the golden hour.
I had the best lunch at Panino Giusto.
Followed by dessert of course!
Macedonia is the way to go in spring!
Outside Teatro Nazionale.
Seeing Fame in Italian was such a cool experience.
After the show.
Strolling along the canal in search of aperitivo.
Best apericena ever!
I know it sounds cheesy, but Milan has carved out a special place in my heart. Not only is there an endless selection of things to do, but there is also an innate charm and beauty to the city itself. My friend and I took the train in on a beautiful spring day to see Fame at Teatro Nazionale. The performance was fun, and I enjoyed seeing the Italian twist on the classic story.

Before the show, we stopped by Panino Giusto, which is reputed to be one of the best gourmet panino restaurants in Milan, for a quick lunch. I can honestly say that the reviews were correct. I ordered the Orientale panino, a medley of eggplant, sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and hummus atop a perfectly toasted ciabatta roll. It was especially delicious paired with the zenzero (ginger) juice. I couldn't get enough! My friend and I split two desserts - a chocolate and pear cake with whipped cream and a macedonia (fruit salad) bowl with strawberry syrup and ice cream. Both were wonderful, although I have to admit that the macedonia really hit the spot on such a lovely spring day.

After the show, we headed down to the canal zone in the Navigli neighborhood. Strolling along the water during the early evening hours is such a magical experience. The setting sun makes the water and all the buildings take on a golden hue. As the temperature got cooler, we settled into a table for aperitivo. Of course, with the amazing buffet selection offered, it ended up turning into apericena!

We left the city stuffed and satisfied. Just another stellar day in Milano!

xoxo

Sabrina

P.S. Want to know what Milan is like in fall? How about in winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!