Friday, July 24, 2015

comparing black eyeliner.

The black eyeliners I have on current rotation.
From left to right: You're So Fine waterproof liquid eyeliner, e.l.f. liquid eyeliner, Maybelline New York Eye Studio black gel liner, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero, Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet, Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx, Clinique Cream Eye Liner in 01 Black Diamond, Lord & Berry Mini Kajal Kohl-Liner in #1001 Black Silk
Black eyeliner is one of those makeup bag essentials. It's used in such a variety of looks, from the most basic to the more detailed. As far as formulation goes, I use different ones for different purposes. I like liquid liners for the perfect cat eye, gel liner for subtle wings or for top liner, and pencil liners for anything from rimming my top lid to smudging up the bottom lid. Here's a rundown on my thoughts about my current collection.

You're So Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - This was an Ipsy find, and a great one at that. While the brush is not the best one I've ever used, the actual formula is fantastic. This stuff does not budge until you douse it with makeup remover. Plus, there are some lovely flecks of glitter mixed into it!

E.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner - I've gone through more bottles of this than I care to admit. Of course, at only $1 a bottle, it's not really hurting my wallet. The brush is perfectly pointed and the color is pure black. This stuff is essential for all of my cat eye and winged liner looks.

Maybelline New York Eye Studio Black Gel Liner - I read multiple reviews before buying this gel eyeliner. I'm glad I did because this product is great. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. My only qualm is that it is not as black as, say, the e.l.f. one is. But that's pretty minor.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero - Urban Decay liners are hands down the best pencil liners on the market. If you're looking for a basic black liner that won't budge, this is the way to go.

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil  in Black Velvet - This has become a new favorite. Not only does it have the same lasting power as the original UD ones, but it is a seriously smooth black. I also think it's the darkest one in my collection, so there's that.

Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx - I got this one in the "Try It Kit" and was impressed by how easily it glides onto my lids. This is a classic long wear liner. Love it for everyday looks.

Clinique Cream Eyeliner in 01 Black Diamond - This holds a special place in my heart because it was the first black liner I ever owned. While it's not the blackest of blacks, it does have a nice subtle sparkle that sets it apart from the others.

Lord & Berry Mini Kajal Kohl-Liner in #1001 Black Silk - This was another amazing Ipsy discovery. While the sample I got was pretty tiny, my pencil has gotten quite a bit smaller due to my reliance upon it. This formula blends like no other. I love using it to smudge up my lower lashes and complete a smoky eye look.

Have you tried any of these? Have you seen my red and nudes/darks lipstick reviews?

xoxo

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!