Friday, July 10, 2015

ipsy - june/swim into beauty.

Great haul: BioRepublic face masks, tre'Stique shadow crayon, Smashbox Photo Finish primer, Jules and Esther face serum, Formula X nail polish, and a cute bag!
This month's bag has me excited for summer. I'm ready to simplify my routine and focus on the basics behind the makeup. Here are my thoughts on the products I received:

Ipsy bag - Finally a black bag! This is a keeper for sure.

BioRepublic sheet masks in Cucumber Breeze, Green Tea Detox, and Aloe Rescue - I've been wanting to try sheet masks for sooo long, and Ipsy has delivered the opportunity right to my doorstep. While I've only tried the cucumber one so far, I already know that I will be a fan of the other two. The mask left my face feeling smooth and fresh.

Smashbox Photo Finish primer - Okay, so I already own this stuff. Not that I'm complaining, since I absolutely love the formulation and the staying power. Plus, I'm about to run out of my old primer, so perfect timing Ipsy!

tre'Stique shadow crayon in Marimoto Pink Pearl - First of all, the packaging is perfection. I love the faux pencil cap. As for the product itself, I tried it out for the first time the other day and was blown away. The shadow glides on and delivers the perfect natural champagne color. I blended lightly around the crease and threw on some mascara and red lipstick to go with it. Love!

jules and esther facial serum No. 24 Vitamin C - I am all about serums. Especially vitamin C ones. The Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is one of my all time favorites. When I tried this out, I was kind of expecting it to be like the Henriksen one. While they both contain vitamin C, the jules and esther one is much lighter and less oily than the Henriksen one. Personally, I prefer oilier serums, since it generally means I can skip moisturizer. Of course, I'm definitely going to use the jules and esther serum! I just have to follow it up with a light moisturizer.

Formula X nail polish in Power Source - When I saw this online, I thought it was a pinkish coral. It is not. In my opinion, it's even better! The hot pink is the perfect summer polish. I put it on immediately and was so happy with the results. The color payoff is amazing. It looks best with two coats. As for lasting power, it went a week with no chips. It probably would have held up longer, but I was ready to change the color by then.

xoxo

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for your lovely messages. Follow me if you like my posts!